 |
| Me and the kiddos! |
Well, we requested a four-day weekend to head up to New Berlin to attend the wedding of my dear friend, Becky, on Saturday, Nov. 9th. As usual, we don't really look forward to a long car ride with the kiddos. It's much easier to travel when they are sleeping and we've had adequate rest -- neither of which is truly achievable.
So after packing on Thursday, Richard and I hit the hay to get an early start Friday morning. We woke up around 3:20 a.m. Got ourselves cleaned up. Finished packing the last few things. Loaded up the car. Got the kids locked and loaded. And we were on our way at 5 a.m. We made one or two stops total (amazing how it's a blur even though it was just a week ago). We got to New Berlin around 11:30 ish. Moses was the only one who fussed and it was only the last 12 miles of the trip! Lucky!
We spent Friday hanging with my niece, my brother and my folks. It was snowing when we were there. I took the girls out to traipse around my parent's backyard, and Alex's old yard. Good times and good memories.
 |
| Grace, Francie, and Savannah reading with Grandma/Nana |
 |
| Savannah and MiMo |
 |
| Aren't we a chair full of cuteness! |
Saturday morning Alex, Sarah and baby Roaran came to visit. It was my first time meeting the little guy and their first time meeting our little rugrats. Roaran was a BIG hit with the kiddos -- whether he liked being mauled or not? Well, that's a different story haha. Moses was very intrigued with "baby" and Frances spent a lot of time sitting with him.
 |
| Aunt Sarah, Uncle Alex, baby Roaran and Frances |
In the afternoon, Richard and I got gussied up to head to my friend Becky's wedding at the Catholic church up the road. The ceremony was short and sweet. The priest was hilarious. It really was such a lovely wedding. After the ceremony we headed outside where the bride and groom were greeted by a horse-drawn carriage ride! So romantic!
We carpooled with Sarah and Alex over to Oneonta for the reception. Made one false stop. And managed to avoid going through the "scariest trailer park on earth." At the wedding we caught up with some familiar faces from our school days: Angie, Rob, Kristen and Allison. It was also nice to catch up with Becky's mom and to see her dad again. The father-daughter dance was probably the best I've witnessed. I only wish I had caught the whole thing on video - classic! AND all the toasts were superb. Man. I was in tears (Thanks be to waterproof makeup!).
Becky and Josh looked amazing and super happy! I was so glad to be there :-)
 |
| Me, Alex, Becky, Josh, Angie and Allison |
 |
| Me and my old man |
And I was super thankful to my parents and Lori for watching the kiddos while we were out celebrating. You guys rock!
 |
Grace, Grandpa and Frances picking crab apples on Alex's old property. |
 |
| Grandpa and Gracie on the big trucks! |
On Sunday, my bro, mom, niece, the girls and I headed up to the Fly Creek Cider Mill. I used to love going to that place as a kid (and as an adult). It's a lot more nerve-racking now that I have kids. I was afraid to let them touch anything in the food area (they even had peanut brittle out for sampling - scary for me!). And in the upper area, there are so many breakable items. Ah well. I hope it gets easier and less stressful for me as they get older. The kids all had fun feeding the ducks and playing in Tractorland.
 |
| Grace, Frances and I - silly girls! |
 |
| Frances, Savannah and Grace with the cider press |
 |
| Francie, Grandma, Gracie, Savannah and Tom feeding the ducks |
 |
| Frances (climbing), Savannah, and Grace (sliding) on the tractor |
Sunday evening, Grandma and Grandpa prepared an early Thanksgiving dinner since we won't be together on the actual day. It was lovely!
 |
Mo in high chair, Frances at head, Grace, Grandpa, Grandma, Tom, and Savannah
Turkey Time! |
Monday morning we left at 5 a.m., in snow flurries. We stopped around Harrisburg for about an hour and a half to let the kids eat and stretch. Made it home around noon - to nice comfortable weather!
All in all. It was a nice trip. I miss everyone. But, we have more company coming this weekend! Yay!
No comments:
Post a Comment