Well I'm 34 weeks and 2 days preggers. I had my OB checkup today. My mom went with me. BTW - Why do they have the most uncomfortable chairs in an OB office??? Sorry, digressing.
Anywho, all is well. I've gained 47 pounds so far... up 4 pounds from two weeks ago. Blood pressure is great. The doctor measured my belly and I'm measuring the equivalent of 47 weeks pregnant!! Whew! So I'm measuring the equivalent of a regular pregnancy overdue by 7 weeks. It's crazy. I remember in June when I had my 30 week checkup I was measuring 10 weeks ahead, and they said the growth would slow down and I wouldn't measure so far ahead anymore. Well, jokes on them! Last time, at 32 weeks, I was 11 weeks ahead and this time, at 34 weeks, I'm 13 weeks ahead. Sumo babies indeed.
Mobility has reached a wall. I pulled a muscle last night trying to adjust my belly during sleep... doh. It's just too darned heavy. I had a hard time sitting up from the doctor's table too. I know I only have two weeks from tomorrow left -- but it's taking forever. It feels more like two months. I just keep on chugging along -- looking forward to breathing, eating, not itching, and sleeping however I want! (.......And of course, seeing the babies hehe).
We managed to take my mom out for her birthday last week. We went to Clyde's in Columbia. They tried to sit us at a booth. So I slid in butt first and tried to turn and "boink" -- nope -- no room for the belly. We laughed. Sometimes I really don't have any concept of how big my belly is! Fortunately there was a table with chairs open! I can't reach to eat over the table though, so I wear half my food. hahaha. We had a great dinner though!
California closets came last week too, to install the nursery closet. So we're almost ready to start getting everything together!!
My dad came down this past weekend to accompany my mom to her follow up scan at Johns Hopkins -- everything is A-Okay! So that's good news! She'll have another scan in 6 months.
So all in all, we're chugging along.
I have two more OB appointments before delivery. Next Thursday, July 22 and then Thursday, July 29 (the day before delivery). And then of course the perinatology appointment on Tuesday, July 27. Final countdown! Two weeks from tomorrow!
Thursday, July 15, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Annie--only 2 more weeks to go! Did Richard tell you that Suzanne, Christine and I keep asking at work "does Annie have her hospital bag packed yet?" :-)
So glad to hear everyone is still doing so well. I wonder how much of the 4 pounds that you gained over the last two weeks went to the girls ;-) They'll each be 7 pounds when they are born!
hahaha yep. he came home and asked what bag you guys were talking about. we had already set up a checklist for what we need in the overnight bag - but he didn't realize that was the same thing you guys were talking about. it's not packed yet, but hopefully this weekend we'll be organizing the nursery (finally) and then can get the bag together and car seats installed... and everything else. Gives me something to do since time is going by so slowly now. And my mom is here too, so that helps!
This is so surreal. I can't believe how quickly it's all coming up! Things are coming together!
Post a Comment