I'm 33 weeks today. Only 3 and 1/2 weeks to go (seems like forever though)! I had my perinatology appointment today. My mom was able to go with me. I told her she wouldn't be able to see much since the babies are so big and jumbled up now. And that was pretty much the case - just a tangled web of babies. They were moving around like crazy, as usual. The technician was able to see the profile of one of the babies and pointed out that the baby had hair on her head already. Too cute! And both babies are head down now - I can't believe that Baby B still had room enough to flip, but she did it.
Soooo... the babies are doing excellent! Baby A weighs 5 lbs. 7 oz. and Baby B weighs 5 lbs. 4 oz. The doctor came in and asked if I'm trying for some record holders. hehe. My mom's reaction was pretty much: wholly crap that's a lot of babies. The average for twins at 33 weeks is 4 lbs. 12 oz. -- so my babies are definitely above average! Even more amazing considering identicals tend to measure a bit smaller than fraternals. And they are sharing even better now, as you can tell by their similar weights.
So I'm carrying a combined baby weight of 10 lbs. 11 oz. Sumo babies! The doctor guesstimated that at 36 weeks they'll be about 6-7 pounds a piece. We'll see! Only one more perinatology appointment before I deliver, woohoo :-)
So my next OB appointment is Thursday, July 15. And my next (and LAST) perinatology appointment is Tuesday, July 27 at 9 a.m.
Tuesday, July 06, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Yay! Richard told us the great news at work. It's awesome that the babies already are at such a healthy weight and they still have 3 more weeks to go to pack on the pounds :-)
meant to ask if the little ladies get a little excited and want to come meet everyone before 36 weeks, would they still need the NICU given their healthy sizes?
I'm not exactly sure. The perinatologist was still all about reaching the 36 week due date. They may be a healthy size, but their organs (like the lungs) might not be developed enough yet to survive unassisted outside the womb. So we keep on waiting... and crossing our fingers that they don't get so big that I go into labor sooner (even though, yes, I'm completely uncomfortable hahahaha).
I'm sooo excited to hear that those girls are so big! It's wonderful news. So happy that they will be a healthy size. :)
Yay! Yay! Yay! Glad your ladies are doing well and beefing up! :) The countdown is on!
Post a Comment