Sorry so long on the bed rest update.
Richard and I managed to compromise with the doctor (it helped that the perinatologist wrote a note in my favor) to let me keep driving into work for the next two weeks – until my next appointment – then we’ll reassess the bed rest issue. We just had to promise her I would take things VERY easy and keep as scheduled as possible. She said if I feel anything abnormal I’m supposed rest immediately. And of course, if I don’t feel good in the morning – to not go into work. And once I get home from work, I’m supposed to rest. Easy to do since I'm completely whipped by the end of the day. So at my next appointment (the 17th) she’ll reassess the bed rest outlook. So at least I have a bit more face time in the office – considering I still have 9 weeks until scheduled delivery.
Driving is getting harder by the minute. I have several braxton hicks contractions just driving to and from work. And then at the end of the day, my swollen feet make it hard for me to do the whole gas/brake pedal switch in stop and go traffic. And even checking my blind spot is getting hard. Forget about the whole getting in and out of the car thing hahaha. And I realize I’m only going to get much much bigger.
Of course this last Friday I had a really huge and painful contraction (exactly the same as the Friday before when I was at work - what's up with Fridays?)! But the one this past Friday came after I got home from work. And I was alone. I couldn’t walk or move, even breathing hurt, and my phone was on the table – I couldn’t get to it. It was pretty scary. But after about 30 minutes I was able to move again – albeit very gingerly with residual soreness - just like the Friday before. Yesterday I had a pretty strong contraction at work again, not as bad as the past two fridays, but enough to knock the wind out of me for a bit. I don't like those contractions. But the babies are still moving and kicking like crazy afterwards, so that's reassuring. The Braxton Hicks contractions are soooo much more manageable - just a lot of tightness. Any time the babies do big somersaults or movements together (which seems like A LOT) I have a braxton hicks contraction.
Sooooo I'll keep ya'll updated on the bed rest/house arrest outlook...
Tuesday, June 08, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Annie---take it easy, please! I'm worried for you. Driving to work is getting dangerous. Can you start working from home until the babies are born?
Yea my boss is open to letting me telecommute -- it's not the same as face time in the office though. So I'm trying to get the maximum time in the office before telecommuting. BUT obviously if it gets to be too much commuting, then I have to do what's best for the babies. I'm assuming at my appointment, about a week from today, I will be measuring at the equivalent of a 40 week (full term) single pregnancy -- since I've been measuring 10 weeks ahead the past couple visits. Yikes! So yea, movement is going to get limited very fast.
Post a Comment