Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Still on target...

Well, everything still "looks fine." Baby A weighs 3 lbs. 13 oz. and Baby B weighs 3 lbs. 6 oz. Baby B is right around the average weight for twins at this stage, while Baby A is just a chunk-a-lunk. The doctor said it's about an 11% difference between the babies' weight - they start to worry if the difference is around 20%. So fortunately, even though they are differing in weight, it's nothing to worry about at this moment. Let's hope they keep under that 20%!! So I have 7lbs. 3 oz. of combined baby weight... crazy!

Yet another female issue for me -- seriously, does it end? I had been complaining about a lot of pain on my sides - even a light touch hurts (so you can imagine how "fun" ultrasounds are). Well, apparently I have a "bunch" of ovarian cysts, on both ovaries. So that explains the pain. The doctor said it just means that they'll have to check to see what kind of cysts they are when I have my c-section -- and determine whether they require treatment. I told him I had a laparoscopy and open fibroid surgery last year and there was no mention of cysts. So at this point no real explanation. So yea, I'm just special -- between fibroids, pelvic congestion syndrome, twins and cysts -- I'm a gynecologist's dream (and paycheck).

Added Note: I did call my mom and she says she has cysts too, so that might explain why I have them - hopefully they are like hers and are no big deal.

AND as if my pregnancy schedule hasn't already been switched around enough...

I told the perinatologist that my OB scheduled my c-section for August 9 (38 weeks). He said that date won't work. It's too risky to deliver identicals any later than 37 weeks because of the nutrient issue. I told him my OB's on vacation at 37 weeks. Soooo... he's going to talk to her figure out a new, earlier date. Don't know if that means I'll be delivering at 36 weeks or if my perinatologist will do the delivery at 37 weeks. Either way, I'll definitely be delivering earlier. So yep, a whole new schedule. I'll keep ya'll posted once they let me know the new date.

My next OB appointment is this Thursday morning. I doubt my perinatologist will contact my OB before then. So I'll have to make sure I mention it at my appointment -- so everyone keeps me in the loop!

My next perinatology appointment is Tuesday, July 6 (33 weeks) at 2:30 p.m.

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Wow Ann! Changes in the schedule. Definitely let us know what the doc's decide. Sorry to hear about your cysts, you are such a resilient lady.

Annie said...

Yea, it's crazy! I can't wait to find out what the new date will be. Comfort-wise it will be nice to not have to wait 8 more weeks. I just hope the babies are nice and big when they arrive though. Yea the cysts thing is annoying. But my mom says she has them too, and hers are no big deal - so I'm hoping I have the same kind. I think they are really sore right now because of everything moving around in there, otherwise I wouldn't have known I have them. Thanks for the support!!!