
Hmm... 24 weeks and definitely looking large and in charge. Well, I'm not too sure about that "in charge" part. ;-) I caved in and stocked up on XL maternity t-shirts. I tried the large shirts but they were just fitting me - so I figured I would be growing out of them in no time considering I still have at least 3 months of growing left. So I'm swimming a bit in the XL shirts now, but at this rate I will fill them out in no time!
I had my 24-week OB check-up yesterday. So far all is good. I'm up 30 pounds! About 4 pounds above the high end of my projected weight range for this point. The nurse said it's completely fine though. Whew... 3 more months (if I can hold on - cross fingers) of growing to go! Damn the heat and humidity!
My blood pressure is fine. The babies' heartbeats are fine. My belly is measuring at the equivalent of a 34-week singleton pregnancy! That's like measuring 10 weeks ahead - no wonder people think I'm going to deliver "any day now." So I'm up 8 cm in one month. My next OB appointment is Thursday, June 3 -- I'll be 28 weeks and 2 days at that time. Crazy how time is flying by.
I had my perinatology appointment today (I know, appointments galore!). Baby A weighs in at a healthy 1 lb. 6 oz. and Baby B weighs in at an equally healthy 1 lb. 8 oz. The 50th percentile for twins at 24 weeks is 1 lb. 8 oz. so they are on track and doing great! They were moving around like crazy. It's amazing that that teeny tiny little membrane between them withstands all those kicks and punches. No sign of the Twin to Twin Transfusion Syndrome (TTTS) yet. So all looks good :-) My next perinatology appointment is Tuesday, May 25 -- I'll be 27 weeks along. Did I mention that time is flying by? haha.
4 comments:
Yay a new post from Annie! Glad to hear everything is going great with the girls.
Yay Yay Yay! Glad everything is progressing along. Thank you for the update!
Great to hear that everything is going well! I like the color of your shirt ;)
I didn't realize it had been so long since my last blog post! Time has been flying by. I had fun "seeing" the babies again. And the doctor was going on about how excellent everything looks -- which helps me relax... until the next appointment hehehe. Glad you liked the shirt color - I've got a blueberry belly :-)
Post a Comment