Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Monday, May 10, 2010

Family and Friends

I'll be 25 weeks along tomorrow! Anyway, I wanted to give a shout out to family and friends who have been supporting us through all this craziness. Even if your name or picture isn't presented below, just know that we appreciate you all :-)

My friends were a huge help in prepping the nursery. They spent a whole day removing a wall paper border and wall decals and then they sanded the gloss paint off the walls. Look in my February blog posts for the "The Twilight Zone?" post to see what the walls in the nursery used to look like (yes, we never got around to changing them until now!). Here's Joe, Amy and Richard all dusty with purpose! (The other Amy was home sick, self-quarantined for sake of her pregnant friend's health.) We have awesome friends!!


Then Richard and I spent a couple weekends painting the nursery, you'll see the neutral color (pale yellow) in the background of the pics below of my parents' visit. My parents came down in April. My mom helped finish up painting the trim in the nursery since I'm getting too big to bend down. My dad installed a new ceiling fan, outlets, and assembled the cribs for the nursery. (He also installed a custom closet organizer in our house entry way and some Ikea pullout shelves in our pantry cupboard -- also a huge help!)

Mom and dad (grandpa and grandma) being jokesters.

Dad working on the cribs

Richard's dad came for a visit over Mother's Day weekend -- he was very impressed by my belly growth :-) Whitney brought the chocolate chip cookies that the babies are addicted to (certainly not me hehehe). Jenn has had to listen to me talk about the excitement, shock, fears, etc. of pregnancy. We've already received baby gifts from our wonderful friends and family - each time we get something it seems "a bit" more real -- but seriously I don't think I (we) will completely believe it until the babies get here.

Dad (grandpa) and Annie - 24 weeks and 4 days preggers!

Richard seems to have lost weight, while my belly gets bigger... case in point:

Here he's trying to be as awesome as me:

Well, tomorrow I'll have only 2 months and 3 weeks left! Woohoo! Let's hope I hold on the max :-)

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Such a sweet post lady. Thanks for the shout out. I miss you!

Unknown said...

So cute!! :)