Richard's graduation from University of Maryland was friday morning. It was the departmental graduation for economics majors. Some of you may remember that he was originally going to participate in the Winter commencement - but that was canceled due to the huge snow storm in December. So he was invited to participate in the Spring commencement instead. The ceremony was at 8 a.m. -- on a work day of course. We knew it would be difficult for people to make it and we completely understood. It was a nice ceremony. And I admit I got all teary eyed when Richard walked across the stage. You know, he wasn't even going to do the Spring ceremony -- but I knew he would be happy he did it -- and he was very happy! I think participating in the ceremony makes it seem more real that you have actually finished! I was so proud of him. This was a long time coming!!!!!!Here are some pics I took. People were vicious in their attempt to take pictures - no qualms about elbowing a pregnant lady out of the way. Sheesh! So I only got a few. The ceremony ones came out really dark, no matter what I tried... I've lightened them up a bit. It's so exciting to see Richard all dolled up in the regalia.
Richard walking to the podium.
You can see that grin from a mile away hehehe
The two (plus two) of us after the ceremony. Richard was afraid no one would see my belly at this angle in the picture - hahahahaha - riiiiiiiight.
New Pic: Here's Richard and my folks (this was taken the weekend of my baby shower - not grad day). We still have to get one of Richard and his dad!Woohoo! School is "officially" over. Finally free! .... until the babies arrive hahaha.

3 comments:
These pictures make me all teary! Congrats again Richard! Such an exciting year for you both!
I know! It's been a whirlwind that's for sure :-)
Congratulations to Richard! I'm so proud of him!
Post a Comment