So it's official, I'm 16 weeks today. I definitely feel like I'm filling out more on the upper part of my belly -- getting more of that round shape -- I think the updated pic shows that? I'm in that stage of the pregnancy where the babies should start gaining weight faster, so I'm sure my belly will start growing faster as well.In yesterday's blog post I didn't quite give all the appointment info -- I had to talk to my boss first. The doctor ordered mandatory bed rest starting at 28 weeks. She said bed rest is a mandatory for multiples since the risk of premature labor is high (hence the reason we're seeing a perinatologist as well as the OB). There are many factors that determine how strict that bed rest will be. I'm already at a bit of a higher risk since I just had fibroid surgery last May. The fact that this is my first pregnancy is also riskier. Twin type is another factor (identical twins are higher risk, but we don't know what we have yet). Amongst many other factors. Basically, the point of bed rest is to avoid pre-mature labor. I'm not sure how strict it will be for me (if I can work from home or not; if I can do basic household chores; etcetera) -- it all depends on how my doctors appointments go up until then. My initial upset was when the doctor told me I could not go to my best friend's bridal shower. We've been planning it since September! I'll be 29 1/2 weeks at the time and obviously will be on bed rest. Fortunately, everyone is being supportive, which helps. I'm still depressed, scared and stressed though. I just need to get over the initial shock of it all and let it sink in, because I have to do what is best for the babies.
So here's the updated schedule:
- June 1 - bed rest at 28 weeks (strict TBA?)
- July 13 to July 27 - c-section delivery for twins is usually between 34-36 weeks. The later the better, any earlier than 36 weeks and the babies will be in the NICU.
- TBA - Time off for recovery and baby time (this is all up in the air date-wise since I don't know when I'll be delivering exactly).
We are still trying to figure out how we'll handle child care. We had budgeted for one baby (never even gave a glimmer of a thought about having twins) -- so yea, double the cost, which we don't have. I know it has to work out somehow in the end. We're just stressed in the meantime.
3 comments:
Solutions will present themselves. But, I can understand your feelings. Hugs! Love you lady!
Your belly is so cute!!!!!!!
Thanks for the support! We know it will all work out in the end -- and that end is coming sooner rather than later! Crazy how time is flying. hahaha.
Happy birthday again!!!
Can't wait to hear about your next appointment to find out if they are fraternal or identical (and maybe boys or girls or boys and girls???)
Post a Comment