Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Lucky Number 13

Pic from last friday:
12 weeks, 3 days preggers!

Well folks, I've made it to week 13! Nausea is still here -- and definitely in charge. I'm crossing my fingers for the 2nd trimester bliss everyone talks about ;-)

Had my belated 12-week checkup yesterday. When the doc walked in she thought I might be pregnant with twins. HA! Don't worry, she said everything feels normal size. She listened for the baby's heartbeat and finally found it after what seemed like forever (probably 3 seconds in reality). I didn't get emotional like I thought I might. Maybe because it sounded funny? My friend Amy described it best, as a loud underwater shwow shwow shwow sound. The doc still wants me to go get an ultrasound (usually the 1st one is done at 18-20 weeks) -- she just wants to have visual verification that there's nothing out of the ordinary going on that could be causing my increased belly size. She said it could be due to several issues: bladder, intestinal (inc. bloating), or more fibroids. I'll say with my track record: "all of the above." So my ultrasound is scheduled for friday and I'll definitely keep everyone posted on the results. Crossing my fingers that all is well!


10 comments:

Unknown said...

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN! Baby names picked out yet??

Unknown said...

Can't wait to see the pictures!!

~Amy B.

Jennifer said...

Congratulations! (on baby AND blog) :)

Unknown said...

Yay for updates! Can I suggest Ann Jr. if it's a girl?

Heidi said...

Wow! I know it will be a gorgeous baby! I'll tell Kenneth your news!

Kathy said...

Can't wait to hear about your appointment on Friday. Richard really should be there with you. I'll keep pestering him at work ;-)

dmhag said...

Wow! Congratulations!!!! Exciting times ahead. Enjoy every minute. Big hug, Dagmar

AngelB said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
AngelB said...

Oh sweet mother of TWO! And so we get the answer to the question of why you're so huge! Not because you are having Ogwang's giant spawn, but b/c you are having TWO of Ogwang's giant spawn!

Annie said...

No baby names yet...
And yes, two large Ogwang Gwenos growing bigger and bigger...
Ohhh I look forward to our future food bills hahaha...