Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Thursday, February 06, 2014

The Girls' First Movie Theater Experience!

Grace and Frances eating some "Annie's Bunnies" contraband I smuggled in...
I took the girls and Nana's two granddaughters to see Disney's "Frozen." It was my girls first time at the movie theater. I was nervous, mainly because of the food allergy thing (and head lice, theater chairs give me the heebie jeebies!). The girls did okay at the movies. We got there "on time" so we were stuck watching the 20 minutes of trailers. Blah. And it turned out the movie theater was pretty empty so we could have come later. Ah well. The girls were scared for like the first 30 minutes in the theater. I think because it's dark and the sound is really loud, even too loud for my taste. Some of the trailers were creepy too ... "Maleficient," for example.

Once the movie started though, they were enthralled. The loved it! I loved it too. It was a refreshing departure from the standard Disney movies. I know Richard will enjoy watching it when it comes out on DVD. With about 20 minutes left in the movie, Frances decided she was leaving and started walking down the stairs. haha. I said, "Don't you like the movie?" She said, "Yes. But I want to go home now." I convinced her to stay. I think they were just uncomfortable in the seats, not used to sitting for so long. So I let them wander up and down our otherwise empty aisle. The music and action at the end of the movie was enough of a distraction to keep them distracted from the idea of leaving. 

And we've listened to "Let It Go" about a million times since then we went. ;-)

Middle age moment. As I mentioned earlier in my post, we took the nanny's granddaugthers with us - one is almost 21 years old, the other is 9 years old. A lady thought they were my kids too! I would have given birth at 12-13 years old lady, really. Before I had kids people thought I was younger than I was, but since popping them out, I've apparently aged ten-fold. My mom always told me to enjoy while it lasted... curses! I need a fountain of youth over here!

2 comments:

Heidi said...

Our kids just had their first theater experience this past summer. We saw Turbo. It was a great movie- we all enjoyed it. So, Frozen wasn't too scary? We have hesitated because we were nervous it would be too much for the kids. The girls look so grown up!

Annie said...

There is a snow monster that was a bit scary, but the girls were okay. The movie is really awesome. Your girls will love it. It has a great "sister" story line!!!