The Wednesday before last (Feb 12) there were reports of a big storm brewing. In the morning I had taken Moses to his 18-month check up (see previous post) -- and I'm so thankful it was that morning! By about 8 o'clock at night Richard informed me there was a coating of snow on the ground. The next morning, Thursday, I looked out the window and saw a sea of white. I called the office to see what the operating status was for telecommuting. Nat says, "Oh? Do you have a lot of snow? I have about 3 inches here." I went outside and measured 11 inches and counting (this was 6 a.m.). Hahaha. I told him that there was no way I was gonna make it in and that I would have to telecommute.
 |
| Sad little ruler poking out of the snow at 6 a.m. Thursday morning |
Several more inches fell in that morning. All of the neighbors shoveled their sidewalks and the main ones, as well as cleaned off their cars. We just needed to wait for the snow plow to come through. All this time I thought our HOA was in charge of plowing our community, but it's the county's job. The HOA only pays for the main sidewalks to be cleaned and the contractor was "backed up" with other jobs. Well the county finally showed up to plow our complex on FRIDAY at 4 p.m. When the plow ran low on gas and had to go fill up. Haha. Seriously. They came back, but only made the one pass through our cul de sac. As in, only one car can go through at a time. So Richard went out and spent about 1.5 hours clearing off the van again (because it snowed more on Thursday night) and dug a tunnel to the plow path. Blah.
And judging from the amount of snow still sitting on the sidewalks leading into our complex, it looks like the contractors for the sidewalks never showed up... hope we aren't paying them too much, considering our community did most of the work themselves.
All that aside, the snow was awesome for the kids. Especially the girls. My Aunt Bec and Uncle Bob got the kids a sled for Christmas. So we made use of it - a lot! There is the perfect-sized hill right in front of our house. I took at least one of the kids out every day. It was a lot of fun. We made a snow man too.
We also discovered a leak in the ceiling above our bay window. Turns out the flashing was loose and the caulking was falling off and/or missing. So we got that fixed. Thank goodness!
Here are some pics of our snow adventures!
 |
| Frances (L) and Grace (R), my snow babies! |
 |
| Moses and I, sledding |
 |
| Moses waddles through the snow |
 |
The snowman the girls and I made (Frances in pink, Grace in brown, and Moses) |
 |
| Moses eats the snowman |
 |
The girls and their snowman. So proud! (Frances left, Grace right) |
 |
| Frances front, Grace in back |
 |
| Grace, Moses and Frances enjoying the snow! |
No comments:
Post a Comment