Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Monday, February 24, 2014

Moses' First Trip to the Maryland Zoo

I felt so confident after my successful solo trip with the girls down to The National Mall on Saturday. Sunday was to be equally beautiful weather-wise. So I convinced Richard that we should all head up to The Maryland Zoo. It was a bit chillier than the day before. It probably didn't start warming up until after we left the zoo. Ah well.

When we got there, they had an African penguin greeting guests. I thought I took both girls' pictures with the penguin, but apparently Frances' never took. Ah well. Since the girls look so much alike you can pretend it's both of them haha.

Grace with an African penguin

I directed Richard to the Maryland Wilderness Section/Children's Zoo, since the last time I was there with the girls there were all sorts of things to climb in and on. But much of it was being renovated and roped off. But Richard did really appreciate how stroller accessible the whole zoo is. And how close all the animals are. Some of the animals weren't out, since it was still cold for many of them.

Moses was too much of a hassle. He just didn't want to sit still. And kept throwing tantrums. Part of it was his age, part his temperament, and part teething. It was a bit stressful for all of us (even the girls). But at least we all got some fresh air. The zoo is super hilly though and man, my legs were burning (probably some residual soreness from Saturday).

Here are just a few shots I managed during the trip.

The fun tortoise shells
(Grace in peach pants, Frances in pink pants, and Moses in the foreground)

LtoR: Frances, Grace and Moses
And a goat, in the petting farm area.

LtoR: Grace, Moses, Frances
Checking out the hornbills, storks and crested cranes

Moses checks out the Kudu

Moses tries to break in to the elephant enclosure
(that's Frances in the foreground)

No comments: