Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Friday, November 29, 2013

Turkey Day 2013!

Well, last year I did not partake in the Thanksgiving feast as I was breastfeeding and on a very restricted diet -- no wheat, dairy, eggs, tree nuts, peanuts, fish, shellfish, soy, pork, or corn. I brought some stewed beef with carrots and peas (only, turns out, Moses was allergic to peas too! doh!).

So this year, I made up for it. :-)

We had a lot of fun. We went to Great and Uncle Freddy's house. Glenn, Tiana, Sega and Ajanja were there. And Tiana's brothers, Joe and Jean-marc came with their families. It was nice to catch up with everyone. And it was really nice to see all the kids together. Feels like we were all kids not that long ago and now there's the new generation.

Playing with the stickers on the trim.

They had a mini-conversation here.

Cousins!

Dance time!

Hanging with Uncle Glenn

While they strike a Super Man pose,
Moses attempts to steal food....
All in all it was a pretty good day. I had really tried to pick food I thought was safe for the girls but when we got home, they both complained about their stomachs hurting. They were doing a lot of gagging, coughing and suffering from congestion of the noses. Frances threw up. I gave them both Benadryl (which the allergist said was okay if I was ever suspicious they ate/contacted something they weren't supposed to). And they seemed a bit better this morning. Just residual coughing and congestion. Poor girls. But they did enjoy themselves. Moses also got a hold of a spoon that had been on a plate with ice cream and a cookie. I quickly went and tried my best to wash out his mouth. I didn't notice anything bad happen. Richard is home today so he'll keep an eye on them all.

Moses has his allergy follow-up next week. Can't wait. I'm hoping he's outgrown milk (so we can save on that crazy formula!). And outgrowing wheat/gluten would be nice too! Trying to stay optimistic.

Moses is still teething like crazy. His gums are HUGE. Those molars are a bear. I can't wait for them to break through.

I am on antibiotics for a sinus infection. The girls have the residuals from the cold we all shared since our visit up to New Berlin. I think Moses has a new cold now... poor little dude. I'm sure the constant drooling and fingers in mouth brought that new virus on. Ah well.

No comments: