Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Friday, June 14, 2013

Uncle Frankie, Cousin Juliet, and Mastering the Potty

It’s been a busy week! Last Friday we all trekked to Uncle Freddy and Great’s house to see my cousin, Frankie, before he left to head back home. It was also our first time meeting our baby cousin, Juliet. The girls loved meeting baby Juliet. And I enjoyed snuggling with her myself (taking in that newborn smell!). Moses was a little jealous when Richard held her OR maybe he was just upset he couldn’t climb up and poke her in the eyes like he does to his sisters’ baby dolls. Haha. Moses has definite stranger danger, but I must say, not anywhere near as bad as the girls used to. He was content playing on the floor with his sisters, and cousins Ben and Ajanja. And my how Ajanja has changed since April. He looks like so much older now… and everyone thought Moses had changed a lot too. This year is just going by way too fast!

Aunt Carrie and baby Juliet (2 months old)
Moses, Grace, Frances, Ajanja, and Ben
Frances, Grace, Uncle Frankie, Aunt Carrie and Ben, enjoying pizza!
On Sunday, I took the girls to the farm. And later, the whole fam went to the park. A nice full day of fun and exercise outside.
Moses, daddy, Francie and Gracie enjoying the park
My big boys!
Grace is doing so great with her potty training. She has had NO accidents so far this week. So it looks like we’re good to go. And on the plus side: Frances, who had been our initial potty tamer and reverted back to diapers, is back on the potty again. She went twice yesterday and again this morning. I haven’t pressured her. Just letting her take her time. Trying not to make her feel bad that Grace has mastered it – therefore, I’m not trying to “over”-shower Grace with praise, and being extra supportive to Francie. I just hope she’ll be mastering it soon like Grace has. Oh to save on diapers!!!

Moses is doing great. Cruising like a champ. He says “qak qak” for duck; he roars like a lion (even doing a clawing motion); he says “ribi” for frog; he says “oo oo” for monkey; and still does his elephant impression. He calls for “mama” all the time – I feel so special! He loves playing peek-a-boo in the girls’ Dora tunnel. And he loves wheels, all wheels – the kid can’t get enough of them. He just melts my heart, he’s so sweet.

No comments: