Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Friday, May 24, 2013

The Elusive Bead and Attack of the Blabberwockies

Well, I was taking Francie's beads out last weekend and I brought up the "bead incident" from the weekend prior. I said, "Doesn't it feel better to have that bead out of your nose?" She said, "Mommy, I had a boo-boo. I had TWO beads in my nose!" And proceeds to stick both fingers up her nose to demonstrate. Oh no. So I figured I'd play it safe and take her in to see the pediatrician. Plus, there is this bump on her eyelid that hasn't gone away in, now, 4-weeks. So we trekked over to the doc's office.

The nurse practitioner looked with that light they use to look in your ears and nose. She said she couldn't see anything, but that she can only see so far, hardly even past that first bump in the nostril. She said we could either wait it out or go to an ear, nose and throat specialist. I decided we'll just wait it out. She said it might have even passed into her poop already. Hahaha. Gross. Anyway, we'll just keep an eye on her and see what, if anything, unfolds.

As for the bump on her eyelid. She said it didn't look like a pimple or a sty - that maybe it's a wart (darn dirty playground haha)? So we're heading to the dermatologist just to see what it truly is and if we need to do anything about it, or just wait it out.

In the mean time, Moses is talking more. He's been saying "Mama" and "Dada" - but just in general, not really towards us. He also likes elephants. I usually do an elephant sound and raise my arms like a trunk. He likes copying. And he's so serious when he does it. Too cute. He doesn't do both at the same time though. He'll either raise his arms or make the noise.

Here are some funnies from the mouths of babes this past week:

Grace to Frances (quite frequently, I might add): "Francie, no! You go right in timeout! Look at the wall! Two minutes!"

Mommy: "What do you guys want for dinner?"
Grace: "Beef, tables, and carrots."
Mommy: "Tables?"
Grace: "Yes, Tables."
[Wracking my brain here...]
Mommy: "Do you mean 'po-ta-toes'?"
Grace: "Yes. Po-tables."

Frances to me: "I don't like you!"
[I give a sad face.]
Frances comes and gives me a big hug.
She's been doing it a lot this past week and it's like a game to her. She smiles the whole time too. Poor mommy... what a sick and twisted web these toddlers weave.

No comments: