| Enjoying the Fall foliage at Centennial Park |
Today, we had our 15 month check up. We did fine. Didn't like shots, but that is to be expected. Here are our current stats:
Grace
Weight: 24 lbs. 6 1/2 oz. (75th percentile)
Height: 31 in. (70th percentile)
Frances
Weight: 24 lbs. 4 1/2 oz. (70th percentile)
Height: 31 in. (70th percentile)
I can't remember head circumference, but I know they are big! haha.
Over the weekend Uncle Rawknee came to visit and we went back to Clarks Elioak Farm. Frances was as giddy as ever. Nobody yelled "quirrel" at the animals this time. But Frances had her crazy happy feet going and was screaching at the animals in excitment. She was petting the goats (mostly hitting, I had to tell her "gentle" like she even understands). Grace remained apprehensive as she was on our last visit. She did not want to touch any animals. So we're making our rounds and Frances' interest is peaked by a cow mooing in her pen. So we walk over to the fence and the cow walks right up to Frances and moos in her face. Frances stumbled backwards in shock and fell over. And then commenced the meltdown. It took about 5 minutes to calm her down. I took her back to the cows to show her that they were just mooing for food -- so that she wouldn't be scared of them. Whatever, she wanted to move on. So we went to the pigs and then to the donkey. Well, it was just not Frances' day because that donkey started hee-hawing with its eyes bulging, teeth baring, and tongue hanging. She went into super meltdown mode and from then on wanted NOTHING to do with animals. I even tried taking her back to the goats and chickens (her fav part) and she wouldn't let me put her down without clinging to me. I felt horrible. Hopefully she'll forget about the whole thing and not be scarred for life.
We also went to the park a lot this weekend. Trying to get a lot of outdoor time in before winter :-)
No comments:
Post a Comment