My brother came to visit over Memorial Day weekend. His girlfriend, Amber, and her 2-year old son, Isaak, came as well. We were excited for the girls to meet their Aunt Amber and their new cousin, Isaak. I don't really know if the girls were "excited" per se, because they're a little too young for that concept, but I think they had fun. And Richard and I were excited to meet our new nephew as well - and Amber too of course!
They came down on Friday night and stayed at Aunt Sig and Uncle Freddy's house. They went to the zoo on Saturday, while we went car shopping. (See more info on that below.) We had put the girls in bed for the night before they arrived at our house Saturday night. When they came, Isaak warmed up real quick. He's soooo freakin' cute! The next day all the kids were able to meet for the first time. Frances was a bit latchy the whole weekend, but was relatively okay. Grace loved following Isaak around - though I'm not too sure he enjoyed having her follow him hahaha. We think Isaak had a little issue sharing the spotlight with the "new babies" - gave Tom and Amber a bit of a preview on introducing their new little one come October.
They went to the Aquarium in Baltimore late Sunday morning into the afternoon. When they got back, we BBQ'd and Aunt Sig, Uncle Freddy, Glenn and Andi came over for some grub.
Isaak was a ball of fun to have around. Like I said, Grace would just glom onto wherever he was. She's used to bullying Frances around, taking her toys and such, so it was nice to have a kid that was more coordinated and agile than her to give her a bit of her own medicine. hehehe.
The whole crew left Monday afternoon to head back north. We had fun :-)
As I mentioned earlier, we went car shopping on Saturday. Our Volvo broke down and needed to be towed twice in one week. The mechanic suggested a new vehicle might be in store if we could afford it. So we looked at minivans - and no, we don't care about the stereotype, we need the space! The mechanic said NOT to buy a Chrylser. And he said not to buy a Kia either, but that it was better than Chrysler. He said Toyota or Honda, if we could afford it. Do you know how expensive minivans are? Wholly smokes! Especially the good quality and good reliability ones? We really lucked out and snagged a 2010 Honda Odyssey with 7,200 miles on it. It was priced about $4K below the blue book value because the previous owner had been a smoker. It's the bare-bones model. Nothing fancy. But we don't care about that stuff, we want something that will last 10 years or more. So woohoo, we're a minivan family. And now it's nice to know the girls could fit in either car should one breakdown or something. We're working on getting the smoke smell out before we put the carseats in the van. The Volvo was a 2000 with over 150K on it. We sold it at Carmax on Sunday and still managed to snag $1200 for it. The Taurus is a 2001 with about 150K on it. Let's cross our fingers that one doesn't die soon too! We can't afford two car payments!
Anywho, I have only a few pictures from the weekend because we were so busy. I'll hopefully get around to uploading them soon.
Saturday, June 04, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Wow lady! Sounds like a super productive weekend! Glad to hear the girls are doing well. Send me a pic of your new ride. :) Mini vans now make me think of those funny Toyata Sienna commericals. They are very comfy!
We love our Odyssey- I hope it works out well!
Yes, I'll have to take a pic of the van or should I say, our "swagger wagon" (don't know if Toyota will come after me for using that term for a Honda) - I love those commercials too! Oh yes, we're loving our Odyssey. There are five total now in our parking lot and my neighbor was raving about hers. So we're comfortable we made the right choice. Plus - SO. MUCH. ROOM.!
Post a Comment