So just since their birthday last Tuesday:
- Grace is rolling over to both sides now (before she tended to favor rolling to her left side). And she's figured out how to combine the back-to-stomach and stomach-to-back rolls!
- Frances is also officially rolling from her back to her stomach! I was so surprised when I turned for a split second and the next thing you know, she was on her belly, smiling at me! I had to stop for a second and make sure it was really her, and that I didn't get the girls confused haha. But now she's a rolling machine. We're kind of panicking - picturing them both moving around like crazy! Baby proofing time is here!
- The girls finished their week of carrots - now we're on to squash - and LOVING it! So yay, carrots and squash on the menu :-)
- Frances has been kicking it up a notch this week, along with the rolling, she can now hold her bottle. They both still prefer that someone else do it, but if left to their own devices they will grab and chug away.
- AND, Grace has been super cranky lately. Not taking naps as easily as she used to (she was our clinch napper!) and today was a particularly inconsolable one. So I checked her gums to see if she was cutting any teeth and voila! There's a little tooth starting to poke it's way through. I can even feel the sharp little edges! Oh my girls are getting bigger every day! (FYI - I did check Frances' gums as well, since she's been having a lot of symptoms too, but I didn't "feel" or "see" anything yet - doesn't mean something's not brewing under there.)
Frances Laughing
Context: Grace had hit herself in the face with her giraffe teether so I said "Pow! Right in the kisser!" and Frances started laughing. The nanny and I figured out it was the "Pow!" that she thought was hilarious. So here's my video of it cracking her up. (This was taken this week.)
Frances Watching Dora.
Context: Frances was watching Dora, and completely zoned in. I was talking to her and she was ignoring me. So I picked up the camera and proceeded to film it. You can see she gets annoyed with me in the end. Already, acting like a teenager. (This was taken Dec. 12, 2010)
The girls are Six Months, Four Days Old today.
2 comments:
Growing up so fast!! They have such expressive faces. Love.
Thanks Auntie Jenny! I can't wait for Vegas! And I can't wait for you to meet the gals too :-)
Post a Comment