Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Lucky Number 28


So I'm officially in the 3rd trimester now -- the homestretch.

This weekend was a whirlwind! I knew there was going to be a baby shower sometime but was kept in the dark about the details. So Saturday morning Richard and I were cleaning the house (one last big clean before I find out how strict the bedrest/house arrest will be). We finished around 12:30 p.m. and then I quick jumped in the shower because my friend Amy (from the 'Cuse) had said earlier in the week that she'd stop by to hang out on Saturday. So Amy got to the house and we chatted for a bit and she said she had to run an errand. I was tired, but I wanted to get out of the house so I said I'd tag along. Well ... long story short, it was all a ruse to get me to the baby shower!

Even though I knew I'd be having a shower at some point -- I was still COMPLETELY surprised. I was so surprised to see Jenn had flew all the wait out from AZ. And Becky traveled all the way from RI. And my folks came down from NY as well as my aunt and my cousin's grandma. And of course all my other friends and family. I was crying like a baby (or babies). It was such a nice surprise :-)

The food spread was gorgeous - Amy (from B-lo) went ABOVE AND BEYOND. There was soooo much food. And these delicious cupcakes with strawberry jam AND cake. A huge cold cut platter. And she had made cute chocolates with baby-related molds for favors. My dad made a fruit salad. My mom made some delicious cookies. Aunt Signe brought some yummy chicken skewers. I could go on and on about food -- I love it! I was soooo overwhelmed and impresssed and basically in shock. It meant so much to see ALL the work that had gone into this shower for our babies. It's good to know they will have so many people caring for them :-)

Jenn had some fun shower games. The ribbon game - where everyone tries to guess how big my stomach is. Judy won - she was only about an inch off. Suzanne came in a close second. The other game was a trivia game with a bunch of pregnancy/labor related words and you had to guess the candy equivalent. Example: Contractions - Whoppers. We all had fun with that game. It was hard. And there were some pretty interesting answers!

We received SOOOO many gifts. I can't even begin to name them all here. I realize I have a lot of creative people in my life. I must admit I was still in residual shock the whole time -- so everything seems like a blur.

Huge shout out to Amy (from B-lo) since she had to handle all the local organizing. Apparently there was a snafu with the original location (they canceled the monday prior!). So she had to frantically search around for a new place. I think it ended up perfect! Especially since it was a pretty warm and humid day -- it was nice that we ended up in a nice and cool location.

It was a great day! Thanks to Amy (from B-lo) and Jenn for organizing it!

Sunday was more of hanging out with everyone that was visiting. I hung out with Becky and Tim in the morning before they left. And then went to my Aunt Signe's for dinner with family. It was nice to hang out with everyone again and then some :-) I didn't leave until 1:30 a.m. to head home! Of course there were hardly any cars on the road. I got to his big downhill on 29 and just coasted away. Well, as soon as I reached the bottom of the hill I saw the cop car sitting in the dark. And sure enough, as soon as I passed him, the lights came on and I got pulled over. I was too tired at that point to be scared or cry or anything like that. I was just annoyed with myself. Of course he comes to my window and his flashlight is right on my belly and the first thing he says is "Ma'am, you aren't on your way to the hospital are you?" hahahahaha. I said "no sir, I still have two months to get there." Of course I told him twins. He laughed. And he made the typical joke about how my hands will definitely be full. He asked for my license and registration. Of course I couldn't reach the glove compartment because of my belly -- I had to shift over to the center console to reach. Yea, I was thinking, this must be hilarious to the cop. haha. Fortunately, I was let off with a warning. Phew -- I'm thinking I have pregnancy sympathy to thank for that :-) So a big shout out to the babies for getting me out of a ticket! hehehe.

Monday, my parents brought Jenn and Mike up to our place on their way home. So we hung out all day. We went to check out Lake Kittamaqundi, in downtown Columbia. But didn't last too long outside - it was warm and kind of humid. We stopped at Clyde's (I love their crab cakes!) - and Jenn and Mike treated us. Then we came back to the house and ate some more of the delicious cake that Amy made. We all just chilled out in the air conditioning until bed time.

Then, this morning we took Jenn and Mikey to the airport. I was sad to see them go. :-( I'm so depressed that I won't be able to make the bridal shower in a couple weeks. But I'm glad I at least got to see Jenn before the babies arrive :-)

Soooooo like I said -- a busy busy weekend. It went by so fast and was full of so many surprises that I wanted to write down what I remembered before I forgot it all. I'm sure I've left out bits and pieces -- blame it on pregnancy brain.

Thanks to everyone who "showered" us with love this weekend. We love you all too! I don't have any shower pics - so if/when people forward them to me - I'll try to post them on here or at least a link to the pics.

Only 9 more weeks to go if the babies cooperate with the 37 week due date! Cross fingers!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Ann, I'm glad you were so surprised. I'm crying with happiness just reading through this post. It was so special to be able to be there. I miss you so much and I'm really just so happy for you and your ladies on the way. I'm working on getting those pics to you!

Kathy said...

hey annie! just spoke with richard. glad to hear your MD appt went well today!