I had my OB check up today. I've gained 40 pounds so far! Whew! Closing in on Richard. hehehe. My belly is measuring at the equivalent of a 38 week single pregnancy. Even more whew!
I'm going for my glucose screening test tomorrow. It's just a routine test they do about this time in pregnancy to check for gestational diabetes. It's supposed to take an hour. Wish me luck!
Other than that, my OB is going to schedule my c-section for Monday, August 9. It's closer to 38 weeks (actually, one day short of 38 weeks). She's on vacation when I'm at 37 weeks. And she said she preferred to schedule it for after her vacation than before it (since twins tend to be born smaller since they run out of room to grow -- if you remember from earlier posts, anything 36 weeks or earlier is most likely to result in a NICU stay). Of course, mother nature is ultimately holding the reigns. So I could deliver at any time. But let's hope I hold on until the scheduled date!!!
So at this point I start seeing my OB every two weeks. And then at 34 weeks, I start seeing her weekly. I'm still seeing the perinatologist every 3 weeks. So many appointments! So my next OB appointment is June 17 (my perinatology appointment is June 15).
I'll update this post tomorrow with details about my bed rest/house arrest - I have to talk to my boss about it first.
Thursday, June 03, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Are you on bed rest now?
Post a Comment