Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
**Be sure to check the "Photos" and "Videos" pages (immediately below, on the right) for any new additions!**



Saturday, May 22, 2010

The Big 3-0!

Well it's been a busy week for sure! Yesterday was Richard's graduation (see the blog post below this one) AND today was my 30th birthday. I feel like I turned 20 just a couple years ago but when I think about how much has happened in the last decade, it reminds me of how long ago 20 really was. I'm enjoying turning 30. Maybe because I'm so preoccupied with being pregnant and everything else, I haven't had time to worry about it. It may take a few months to sink in hahaha.

So we had a gathering at my favorite Ethiopian restaurant in Silver Spring, "Langano." In case you aren't aware, I LOVE Ethiopian food. The dinner was delicious, as was to be expected (for me at least)! Of course, good food and good company - always a winning combination.


Since I don't get to see my belly from the side that much, sometimes I'm surprised by how big I really am. Wow! I can't believe I still have two and a half months to grow!! Anywho, here's the the group breakdown: (front to back on the right side) Me, Richard, Whitney, and Rhonnie; (and front to back on the left side): Kathy, Suzanne, Barry, Moussa, and Amy. My other Amy friend had to work this weekend :-( but was with us in spirit!


Here's a picture of the gang from the opposite side of the table.


Here's Ogwang and I looking nice and full after a hearty meal.
Wow! So 3 decades down. Can't wait for Richard to join the 30 ranks in just a few months!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh Ann, I'm so glad you had a wonderful birthday. It's such a reflective year right? Love you and happy birthday! Hugs!

Kathy said...

Had a great time yesterday! I will definitely be going back for more Ethiopian in the near future. Hope you had a Happy Birthday!